The World Wide Web is not as overwhelming as it sounds. Simply put, it is an effective way of exchanging information much the same way as the global telephone network. Just like a spider web, the web links together a collection of electronic documents, which can be accessed and utilized in different ways by Internet users all over the world. The World Wide Web forms a part of the Internet, which lets you access information in the form of words, sound, pictures and video.

People search the Web or surf the Internet for different reasons and in search of different thing. There are some Internet activities that are very popular among individuals who use the Web.

Looking for information: The web is vast and contains enormous amounts of information on just about any topic you can think of. You can find any information you are looking for if you know where to look. One of the best ways of retrieving information on the web is by using search engines, which are gigantic databases of information. While search engines may not necessarily contain the required information themselves, they can lead you to the URL or the address where you will find what you are looking for.

Online Shopping: With online shopping, shoppers no longer need to go from store to store looking for what they want. The World Wide Web offers online shoppers the convenience of looking for any product or service they may want right from the comfort and convenience of their home. Shopping for rare items and discounted items or specialized products online is safe, convenient and easy.

Searching for people: One of the most popular of internet activities is trying to find a person. Internet browsers could be searching for a lost relative or detailed information about famous celebrities. Most of the time, this information is given absolutely free of charge.

Downloading music and movies: There are many sites that allow Internet surfers to download their favorite movie or music free of charge. Some sites charge a small fee.

e- commerce for beginners

The Internet is a great place for making money and there are many ways to do it. Buying and selling products or services on the Internet is referred to as e-commerce. There are some e-commerce sites that sell hard goods such as exercise machines, cameras or children's toys.

Other e-commerce sites sell information or services.

If you intend to sell anything on the Internet iyou would requires a website where customers can browse through products and decide what they want. Developing an E-commerce site for the purpose of selling products is different from building a non-commercial website where information is exchanged free of cost. Besides the regular essentials such as graphics software and site building software, an e-commerce site also requires a shopping cart and a payment gateway.
Web-safety for beginners

Your e-mail and subsequently your computer are highly susceptible to many online viruses, while you are browsing the Internet and through your e-mail. Here are a few tips for browsing the Web safely:

Install anti-virus software on your computer. There are many anti-virus programs that are available free of charge on the Internet. These identify and block potentially dangerous virus from harming your computer.

Protect all your documents and applications with strong passwords that use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and punctuation.

Be careful when furnishing your personal information including telephone number or physical address to anyone.

Be careful who you give your financial information to, especially when using a credit card.

Do not get tempted by offers showing you how to make money fast. There are a few genuine schemes but plenty of scams. You do not want to know what it was.

Do not trust everybody who you meet online. Using the secrecy of the internet, many individuals easily masquerade as some one else with malicious intent.

It is important to remember that all the information that is contained in the World Wide Web is not necessarily true.

Thanks to Article Street

43 comments
  1. Mrsupole 10:15  

    Thanks for the info, any of us who are new to blogging and just doing things on the computer need all the help we can get. You made it easy to understand.

    I really appreciate it when anyone helps me when I have questions or if they just offer help and I can learn anything from that info.

    So please keep up the good work.

    Thanks again.

  2. viznine 12:40  

    You're welcome Mrsupole. I'm glad and appreciate whatever comment you give.

    Have a nice day!

  3. crowbar 13:46  

    It's a good blog!
    nice to meet it!

    If you have a time
    welcome to my blog^^
    see you!

  4. viznine 13:51  

    Thanks crowbar. I'll visit later.. :-)

  5. Sonny 14:55  

    Hi, visnine. I dropped by and find an interesting blog, a pure one.
    I think I'll often visit your blog if you don't mind.

  6. viznine 15:03  

    Of course you can always visit my blog. Take care and have a nice day Sonny!

  7. Pu├ža 17:32  

    Thanks for sharing useful info!

  8. viznine 17:38  

    You're welcome Puca.. :)

  9. Anonymous 01:55  

    Watch EPL match manchester city vs middlesbrough,chelsea vs hull city, portsmouth vs liverpool live online free at http://watchliveeplfootballonline.blogspot.com

  10. viznine 02:08  

    You know what? I'm M.Utd supporter. Will see who will win that games, all right? Thanks.

  11. mknace 10:37  

    good article

  12. Best Home Based Businesses 06:18  

    Hi,

    I like you blog and the info there and shall be back again to read more!

  13. viznine 06:31  

    Hi there. Thanks a lot Best Home Based Businesses for visiting my blog.

  14. Mrsupole 09:14  

    Hi Viznine,

    I was just wondering if you could possibly explain, step by step, on how to post pictures on my blogsite from the photobucket website or any website. I have tried and have not been successful. I followed what it said to do and still cannot figure it out.

    Anyway I suspect I am not the only one who does not know how to do this, so any help you can give me with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

    And please may I ask if each step is throughly explained. I am so new at this and need all the help I can get.

    Thank you and God Bless.

  15. Mrsupole 09:46  

    Plus I forgot to tell you that I am changing what I do on my blogsite.

    I am going to try to follow a weekly theme line-up. Each day the subject will follow the different themes that I have picked.

    So today my theme was: It's Saturday...Politics Anyone?

    I would like to invite everyone to participate. Please post a comment about politics.

    Sunday will be: Alphabet Sunday!

    Pick an alphabet letter and either post a poem about that alphabet letter, its orgin, or any interesting words from that letter.

    Monday will be: New Word Day!

    Find a new word that you normally do not use and write about it.

    Tuesday will be: Life's About!

    I will write my thoughts about what things in my life are about.

    Wednesday will be: Recipe Day!

    Different recipes will be posted.

    Thursday will be: Theme Thursday!

    I have joined a group that posts, on each Sunday, a subject that we write about on that Thursday. The link is posted on my profile page.

    Friday will be: Reflections!

    I will write reflections about the week that just passed.

    With Saturday being my thoughts about political things happening during that week.

    Anyone can post comments about that subject for the day.

    I am hoping that by following a weekly theme my blogsite will be improved immensely and make it more interesting for anyone who visits me on my blog journey.

    I hope you will let me know what you think about this and come visit each day to check out how creative I will be.

    Thank you and God Bless.

  16. viznine 12:14  

    Awesome! You came out with great idea! For me, you know what it takes to keep health blogging and much more.

    I will always check out your blog indeed.

    To answer you question, i am also new in this area. Anyway here is a little help from me.

    Firstly, you save the pictures that you like into your hard drive. Next, you just follow whatever you do to upload a pictures to your website.

    Secondly, if it does not work, you have to clear off your browser cookies and cache first.After that you proceed to upload that pictures.
    That's it!

    Take care and god bless you as well!

  17. Adam Fitton 02:48  

    Don't Forget Online Collaboration!

  18. blogger 03:33  

    Very informative

  19. viznine 03:46  

    You are right Mr Adam Fitton. Thanks.

  20. viznine 03:46  

    Thank you so much blogger.

  21. viznine 05:40  

    You are welcome Slash. Have a nice day! :-)

  22. The Girl Down The Street 06:20  

    Definitely a good blog to stumble upon. It was one of the more interesting ones I've come across so far! Thanks for being a worthwhile read.

  23. viznine 06:29  

    Thank you so much The Girl Down The Street. I appreciate it. ;)

  24. Mrsupole 10:23  

    Hi Viznine,

    I just got a SCHARF Award today for being "An easily read Web Log".

    I guess that is pretty good, so when I totally figure out how to post those pictures, I might soar to greater 'sites'.

    Just thanking you for all the help you always give.

  25. wazzupweb 11:06  

    wow! this site is really is great.. hmm, ur template is so cool! i've been looking for something like this but i cant find one. and i also dont know how to back up my widgets.. and i'm just a newbie here in blogging.. i just started this jan 2009. i'm very happy i've visited this site! :) hope u could drop by too in my blog.. i would really really appreciate it! :) thanks for the nice info!!! i'll be one of the followers of this blog :)

  26. viznine 12:43  

    wazzupweb } You're welcome. Your blog so simple and nice. Keep up the good work dude.

    Mrsupole } You are welcome. Good news from you. That's really awesome. I hope to get that award same like you if can?

    Take care and may god bless!

  27. Mrsupole 07:40  

    Just keeping you up to date: I got a very confusing new word for Monday.

    Hope you have fun reading about it, and try to use it in your next post. Keep connected.

  28. Mrsupole 08:01  

    Hi Viznine,

    I was just visiting wazzupweb and saw that he was from the Phillipines, and so I was just wondering where you are from. My grandpa was from there. He came to the USA in the early 1900's and has passed away a long time ago.

    Anyway I was just curious, oh, and you should probably delete this message if you want to ignore it or after you answer and I say Hi back.

    Take care.

  29. wazzupweb 10:57  

    really? u visited my blog? that's awesome! it's a privilege to have u in my blog! haha! thanks so much!! i'll be a good blogger just like you! :)

  30. viznine 13:19  

    wazzupweb } Thanks. I'm not good as Mrsupole, lol.

    Mrsupole } Hi there. I'm from Asian region. I always enjoyed reading your blog. So cool you know!

    Take care and may god bless!

  31. Mrsupole 15:11  

    Hi Viznine,
    Thanks for the answer, Asian region is a big area. So that is cool. One sister-in-law is from Korea and the other one is from South Africa. They now live in Canada, married to my husband's brothers.

    So did you check out "befuddled" today. I hope I was funny with it.

    Take care and God Bless you too.

  32. viznine 15:22  

    Mrsupole } Yes i did. That was one of the cool word i ever seen. I hope you can come out with other cool word..

    Thanks for you comment and god bless!

  33. wazzupweb 05:10  

    my favorite color is actually orange, but i think black is cool. and i dont know how to change my blog template... hahaha! hope someday u could help me.:) btw, u know wat? u're the 2nd person who made a comment in my blog!! that's so cool!! haha! hope someday i could also have a lot of readers like u... hehe.

  34. viznine 11:58  

    Orange so sweet dude! hahaha! Thank you so much for being my 100 followers. Now i have more than 100 followers.

    Take care and god bless! :)

  35. wazzupweb 10:29  

    wow??? thank u for being one of my follower?! haha!! u only follow 3 blogs and im one of them!! so cool!! thank u soo much!!

  36. viznine 12:04  

    You're welcome. I hope you deliver a good content and information to me and your readers.

    Take care. Keep up a good work.

  37. Roomy Naqvy 09:13  

    This is a very interesting blog. I was quite impressed. I'm a Professor of English, translator, editor and blogger from India. Do visit my blog, Issues in Academics, if you like at http://issuesinacademics.blogspot.com

  38. Amanda 10:14  

    cool blog

  39. viznine 10:20  

    Roomy Naqvy } Thank you. I'll visit your blog later, alright?

    Amanda } Thanks for that. :)

  40. Sa 14:58  

    Hi, i'm samantha from rome, i like so much your blog. Is very interesting!
    Sa

  41. viznine 13:29  

    Thank you so much Sa. I hope you'll visit my blog again. ;)

  42. sretoor 12:39  

    Please help me!! Anyone? I'm shrinking in the slow speed of my internet. Any tweaks? Oh, by the way, I'm new here.

  43. viznine 15:49  

    You have to check your internet speed connection provided by ISP and try to use browser that suit your PC performance..